The Fredgren Studio Theatre
Designed specifically for dance – but not exclusively! With its generous performance space, sprung dance floor, and moveable curtains, the Fredgren Studio Theater offers a flexible performance space, and great seating to create an ideal intimate performance space for dance.
- Designed for small, black box theatre-type performances
- 50' x 27.5' performance space with 14' ceiling
- Wood sprung flooring covered with Marley non-stick vinyl flooring
- Black traveler and two sets of legs on each side, all on tracks for easy and unique positioning
- 140-160 seating area on five risers
- Professional theatrical lighting
- Sound system
- Wireless microphone
- Free parking for patrons
- Accessible through public transportation; handicapped accessible
- Lobby alcove ideal for merchandise or concessions (however, no food or beverages allowed in the theater)
- Additional studio space and kitchen available for receptions
Lighting and Sound Capabilities:
- Element Lighting Board with Dimmer Control
- 9 source 4 parnels, 3 source 4 (19 degrees), 24 source 4 (36 degrees) lighting equipment
- 2 Behringer B1520 Pro Eurolive 15" speakers, 2 Gemini GS1260 12" PA speakers, and Mackie ProFX12 Professional Mixer for surround mixing
- Multiple CD, Ipod, etc playing capabilities
- General lighting plot (provided upon approved application)
- Electronic keyboard
Basic Rental includes:
- Studio space, parking, restrooms, main hallway, basic sound, dressing room/studio/green room (during performance only)
- Rates vary depending on technical requirements
- Discounts are available for non-profits
- Performance rentals are available on Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons/evenings
- Rentals at other times based on availability
- 10% Discount for weekday rentals between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
Rental Application Process:
- Potential renters need to complete a rental application, which is then reviewed by BalletNova’s Artistic Director
- The Fredgren Studio Theatre is a performing arts venue For other types of uses (corporate, meetings, special events) you must receive approval. Performance rentals are approved based on availability and artistic alignment with the vision of the space.
- Rental requests should be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the requested date, preferably sooner as dates fill up quickly.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance is required covering not less than $1,000,000.
- Contracts will be issued pending approval of the rental.
- Payment is due in full no later than 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event.Rentals are not guaranteed until a contract has been issued, signed and submitted by the renter with a deposit.
- BalletNova is an equal opportunity organization.
|Rental Pricing||For Profit||Non-Profit||Artist in Residence /
|Hourly Performance Rate
(min. 4 hr block)
|Hourly Tech Rehearsal Rate
(with lights and TD)
|Hourly Rehearsal (no tech)*||$110||$60||$42|
$250 security deposit for space and light/sound equipment**
$35 rush fee (if reserving less than 4 weeks prior to event)
*Rate applies as part of performance rental package only!
**Security deposits are refundable if the facility is returned in its original condition
- A BalletNova representative must be on premises at all times
- Technical Director is available for rehearsals and performances, and is the only person allowed to work the lighting board
- If you need additional staffing for sound operations, BalletNova can provide someone at an additional $25 per hour.